21 February 2008

Slim Aarons, Take Me Away!

"I was going to write this a few days ago and say how the terrible weather makes me want to run away some place warm.

But then the weather changed and negated the whole reason for writing this post.

Since I am clever however, I will use the bizarre change in weather to profess how much I wish warm weather would stay and how it reminds me of my most favorite photographer: Slim Aarons."

This post has been a draft for so long. Basically the situation is now, I have to study billions and billions of kanji and it's supposed to snow tomorrow soo here this is.

Despite being pretty famous while he was alive, there are few traces of him nowadays. He has several anthologies ( I just bought TWO recently ) of his work. The store price is around $75 but you can get them on Amazon for $40, which is a really good deal for a huge 255+ page book with tons and tons of photos. His books are rarely in stores and I don't hear many people talking about him. Perhaps someday soon he'll 'blow up' and be the talk of the town once more.

Either way, his photos make me yearn for warm weather (and also to be rich).

As he put it, he enjoyed taking pictures of "attractive people doing attractive things in attractive places".

Ohhh just hanging out by the pool.

Suck it Hillary.

Cabana Chat

I have a whole photo album of me pointing at people at parties. I should upload it here sometime.

Slumber party

So that's that! Now I can study forevz.

No comments: