26 February 2008

FREEda Kahlo and the Great Starbucks Blackout

What a day, what a day!

After four trips to the Honors Advising Office, Hannah and I successfully scored three FREE tickets to the Frida Kahlo exhibit at the PMA. We were set for a night full of geeks and nerds since it was an honors thing BUT we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Everything was in English AND Spanish so I got to test out my reading skills. I even spotted my old Spanish professor, but she did not say 'hola'.

Oh well, que lastima.

There was also tons of free food but it really only consisted of: Garlic bread, watery marinara sauce, a sad array of crudite, cookies, and two types of dip. OH and some good chips.

The lady working the one table was flabbergasted by these "new fangled vegetarians".

IN OTHER NEWS... While I was at the Frida exhibit, I was missing out on a nation-wide Starbucks in-store training.

For three hours ALL Starbies closed down, causing many post-Panera Bread diners to suffer annoyance.

The training is the company's newest way to fight the competition by getting back to its roots. With the addition of music, sandwiches, and the rise of McDonald's new cafe sweep, Starbucks has seen its lowest sales in a long time. This new espresso training involves pulling shots better and making sure each "HAND-CRAFTED BEVERAGE" is perfect for the customer.

Is this the end of the Seattle GIANT?!

I doubt it.

People will not want to go to McDonald's to get their lattes, labels are very important!