28 May 2008

I Never Said I Wasn't Gonna Tell Nobody


Okay. "Two of Hearts" has got to be one of the greatest songs ever (it was 98 on Vh1's 100 Greatest One Hit Wonders).

The song has been a crucial soundtrack throughout my life.

Age 5: Played every time I was dragged to my mother's aerobics class on Tuesdays.

Age 10: I saw the Facts of Life episode where Tootie tries to perform this song.

Age 16: Watched Party Monster where this was also featured.

Age 19: First time I went to the Barbary this song played just as we were about to leave. Naturally we stayed.

Anyways. Here is Tootie's experience with Stacey Q:



How bad does that make you want to play it on the piano?? Anyone? Also, Stacey Q is obscenely skinny!

Party Monster:



Of course the original:



Of course a Kelly Osbourne cover:



And for being such patient blog readers, here are some mp3's:

A new cover by Purple Crush.

A cover by Junk Mag and nightlife photographer Brad Walsh.

And of course, the original.

Enjoy your cheesy 80's music.

1 comment:

Hannah Schulman said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8keKQX2Cdy4