14 January 2008

You've Been Drafted (a Ticket)

There are many things I love about Philly. Driving around the city is not one of my favorite parts though. Trying to find parking drives me crazy. As a positive note however, the last two times I drove down there, I found prime spots throughout the days.

Thankfully, having a bike gets rid of 90% of my traveling problems. I can't give it a full 100% because rain and cold make me sad. Especially rain.

All blibberblabber about my Victorian-born item of transportation aside, the whole point of this post is to talk about a new show on A&E called "Parking Wars". The show depicts meter maids and the workers of "car pounds" dealing with parking tickets and more importantly: Angry customers.

The show combines some things I enjoy:

1. People who work in the service industry
2. Angry people
3. Philadelphia

I work two jobs: one as a waiter and one as a steamer of milk ( I refuse to use the word that the corporation wants us to use ), I deal with customers all day. Thankfully, a good portion of the customers who come into the restaurant where I work are really nice and not so problematic. I think it has something to do with being organic vegans or what have you (not that I'm pushing an agenda or anything!). But as for the coffee chain where I work, there are many particular people who get cranky when things do not go perfectly. Or if there is not enough whipped cream. Or if they can taste that I put regular coffee in their cup as opposed to decaf.

As for angry people, I like watching them make up stuff and try to get their way which never ever works. This show is very similar to "Airline". This show is also similar to my real life experiences at Dorney Park, which could be an entire post or blog in itself.

And finally, the show is set in Philadelphia. Nothing makes me more excited than to see things I see everyday in real life, on tv. No jokes. Right now summertime is in full swing so there is probably a low chance of me seeing myself. Perhaps I'll make it a semester goal to get on that show (in cameo, no fights or parking tickets please!).

Enjoy.

Edit: Right now they are strolling through the ghetto(aka anywhere in the city that's not center) and everyone is hootin' and a-hollerin' about them being there. Eee I like this show a lot. Go see it.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I got a parking ticket today! I got distracted inside Whole Foods and wound up in there longer than I expected.

Hannah Schulman said...

what time and channel??