18 December 2007

From Across the Pond: J. Nam


Meet J. Nam. Do not be confused, she is not Muslim, she just attends art school. We'll assume this is just some zany project in which you have to wear a shirt anyway other than as a shirt. Innovative Joann, very innovative.

I'll never forget the first day we met: Gloria (another azn) gave me a Kerroppi pencil case in the sixth grade and Joann chased me around the classroom to claim it. She would kill anyone for a Sanrio toy back in the day.

As of late, Joann has shipped herself off to study art at the University of the Arts London. More specifically, Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design. For those of you who do have not had the greatest pleasure to meet Joann, let me just tell you that ever since I met her, going to England is all she has talked about. So I am very happy that her ~*dream*~ has been realized.

We were finally reunited last night when we took a little stroll and caught up. In my mind, I conducted a little interview. Since I had no paper or pencils, I will try to remember what we talked about.

Some highlights:

-- In case you didn't know, shopping is very, very expensive. The most shopping J Nam did was grocery and window shopping
-- If you thought American American Apparel prices were high, you should see the British American Apparel prices (actually you can, the tags have prices from all over the world)
-- Harrods is crazy
-- Uggs are just as popular over there as they are here
-- Skinny cut is still going strong
-- Despite moving to the states, 'Posh & Becks' are still as popular as ever
-- Art school is far more competitive over there than it is here (at least at her school)
-- Her bedroom has a sink in it
-- She had a really great time

I'm excited also because she will be in England while I am studying in Spain SO basically we can transfer the fun across the seas.

Stay tuned for a super ultra NYC shopping spree (courtesy of my parents).

1 comment:

J Nam said...

hahhah good blog. ah u took that pic from that friend of mines pics of that white shirt day. haahh
but good post.
lol
oh and i was sayin how fashion is really crazy in my school but then again im sure art school is competitive everywhere.
cheers