24 December 2007

Wrap Superstar

Folding paper and using tape has always been a secret forte of mine. From folding construction paper into birthday cards to full-blown diorama's of 'The Diary of Anne Frank', I've done it all.

A good opportunity to utilize my skills is whenever I remember someone's birthday. An even better time to wrappity-wrap is Christmas.

Some helpful hints:

-- If you're too lazy to measure out how much paper you will need, always remember that it's better to have too much than not enough. It sucks when you cut the paper and realize it won't even cover the present AND then you have to cut a whole 'nother slab. It's way easier to just snip snip the extra.

-- If you're going to procrastinate wrapping presents, then I suggest you procrastinate in buying the wrapping paper. I went to Old Navy and allll of their paper was half off. Only $2 for fantastic paper. Today (Christmas Eve) paper was 75% off most places. If you buy early, go to Ikea, it's crazy cheap!

-- Buy wrapping paper that goes well together. My mum is a pro at buying tons and tons of wrapping paper that looks really clashy under the tree. Actually I lied, she pulls it off well but still. It's always neat if things go together. Like my presents.

-- Do not use newspaper. If you are reading this, you are most likely not homeless. But if you are homeless, stay warm on the holidays!

Here are some photos of my wrappin' skillz.
A nice area for wrapping courtesy of mum's decorating skills.
Couldn't do it without the coffee!
As you can see, this is for my dad and his Russian (not mail-order) bride Olga. I was going for a black and white theme.
Wrapping paper from Ikea.
Pairing two contrasting patterns is neato.

Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Tina said...

It's cool, I understand. Just jealous because I was excited for half a second that pinkberry might not be frozen yogurt but then upon inspection realized it really is still dairy. :( I will never be among the LA elite.

For NYE I am going to Making Time bc my friends are putting it on. You have an ID right, can you get into Transit? If you can you should come! Chill with me, sean agnew, dave p, bushy, my girl friends & i think philthy mighttt be going but I forget what his answer was because I was sleepy. Anyway It's going to be a blast. it's til 3:30am and after that the question isn't "is there anything else going on" it's "where and how crazy is it" so even if you don't go to the club we can probably meet up at some point.

this was a long comment. haha. those presents look rad, I usually end up using gift bags because I'm not so good.