05 July 2009

Alors Allô

et bienvenue à Paris.

Well I'm here!

On July 1st my dad came to take me to the airport after taking me to a farewell lunch at Sabrina's and saying goodbye to some good friends.

The plane ride to Atlanta was bearable but my next flight was delayed an hour or so and it was just dreadful. My vegan meal consisted of weird steamed vegetables, risotto, and a strange red sauce. It came with bread AND delicious delicious fruit for dessert. Everyone else got brownies but the fruit was so refreshing after being in that stuffy airplane. The lady next to me ( a corporate flight attendant from Texas ) offered to upload some movies onto my iPod, but I declined.

Then I got to Paris with jet lag, laid in my room, had orientation and then ventured into the city a bit.

Oh also, all I can eat here basically is FALAFEL. Which is okay and not okay. Also, I tried to tell someone I was "végétarien" but they thought I said "italien" and just said "d'accord" which means okay. We sorted it out later, but still.


Really big window, so nice at night. And day.
Hutch / desk.

Views from my window.
"Wash room". It's just a small little tiled room with a sink in it in my room...


Views of Rive Gauche. It's just a few blocks away!
Notre Dame is also RIGHT close by.


And finally...
I love Orangina and here they have TWO new flavors that are "Cowboy and Indien" themed. The cowboy is mint orange and the indien is grenadine. I donno what either flavor has to do with either group of peoples, but whatevs.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

hannah, heart city said...

oh your lil room looks nice and im so jealous of indien orangina (et sa pulpe!)

sEthhEitz said...

http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com/blogs/intelligenttravel/2007/10/a-vegetarian-in-paris.html