10 July 2009

Après moi, le déluge



Well, this is semi-Paris related.

Today in class we were discussing famous cafés and I recalled that Valentino and Giancarlo Giammetti met in one which reminded me of the film "Valentino: The Last Emperor". I saw the documentary while I was in Miami towards the end of May and I was really riveted by it. It placed heavy emphasis on Valentino's pure passion and being subjected to it just made me want to run out of the theater and create create create. I was aware but not completely knowledgeable of his work until I saw the movie, but it's amazing to see how much he really influenced everything in fashion. Also amazing: Every piece in his collection is HAND-MADE by really sassy Italian seamstresses ( think your Italian step-great grandmother if you are so fortunate to have one ).

It was the first movie I had seen in awhile and I was very pleased with it. The next movie to see in "le ciné" will either be Brazil, Rocky Horror, or French Harry Potter. I love Parisian cinematheques!

Oh in bad news, the café where they met is actually in Rome. It's just called the "Cafe de Paris", boo.

No comments: