08 July 2009

Ponds, Poppies, and Plague

Oh la la, sorry for the lack of updates, as you may imagine, Paris is busy busy busy. Amanda came through on Saturday night and left today so we were busy soaking up some Parisian times.
This past Saturday however, I went to Giverny and Rouen. The former is home to Monet's home and also the pond where he painted some of his famous water lily paintings. The latter is the place where Joan D'Arc was burned.




That bridge from that painting, ya know?






Everything smelled like lavender.













So many poppies everywhere. It just made me want a bagel real bad / heroin.

Town of Giverny:




Rouen:







Cathedral at Rouen. I basically felt like I was in the Temple of Time from Zelda:















Towards the end we went to this building that was used as a mass grave during the plagues. It was an odd way to end the trip because right from the beginning I had eerie feelings of the black death and then BAM, feelings were confirmed and confronted.












This clock was neat as not only did it tell you the phase of the moon but it also displayed the Roman god that corresponded with the day. For example, Saturday had a painting of Saturn.


Place where Joan D'Arc died. Bitch got burned.


It was a desperately long day and I wanted to go out at night but I was so so tired. Not to mention it took us about three hours to get home via a comfortable bus.

1 comment:

Josh said...

holy picspam.

shit this stuff looks so cute. i don't know if cute is even the right word for my feelings, but i'm calling it that anyway.