16 July 2009

Societal Tastes

Oof, I am terrible terrible at blogging in this city.

This past Friday, my friend from Japan Rie and I went to Ladurée on Rue Bonaparte. There are several Ladurées throughout the city but this one was the closest and fanciest. If you read my Japandrew blog, you may remember that Hannah, Lauren, and I went to the Ladurée in Ginza. That shop was styled after Marie Antoinette's Petit Trianon whereas the one I just went to channeled the late 18th century fascination with the orient downstairs and a dark and cozy tearoom from the same period upstairs where we ate.




Rie got a DELICIOUS looking pistachio macaron with fresh strawberries.


I could only eat the sorbet... BUT it was probably the freshest tasting sorbet I've ever had. I got raspberry, cassis, and chocolate. The raspberry was surprisingly the best as I usually just assume it's going to be a rather boring flavor.


Coffee pitcher.


I got this really fantastic coconut coffee. I really just want to go there for coffee and maybe one scoop of sorbet once a week... Which I guess means only two more times.





Rie and I are going to attempt to go to the Ladurée bar where they serve "macaron inspired cocktails in an art deco setting".

Other updates:

-- Vintage shopping galore
-- Café sitting
-- Parties
-- Harry Potter tonight
-- Rocky Horror tomorrow
-- Luis Buñuel, Pedro Almodovar, and William Castle retrospectives all around
-- New mistaken identity for myself ( will be revealed soon, basically a French-Canadian film prodigy )

No comments: