05 July 2009

Big Three

On day 2 I had to do placement testing. Afterwards, explored the rest of the city. I was on a mission to find some vegetarian / vegan restaurants. I did some research and found a nice little veg grocery nearby and a CHEAP vegan restaurant nearby. So I walked all the way over, but it was closed by the time I got there and it doesn't open up til Monday. Soo falafel again. ( Maoz is here and it's actually the cheapest food option I have, at six euro you get a big falafel soundwich, all the fixins, plus frites AND a drink. It's quite unbelievable ).

After the disappointment, I decided to hit up four major landmarks: 1.) the Louvre 2.) L'Arc de Triomphe 3.) Eiffel Tour.

I walked the entire which meant that it took forever and that I got to see the Tuileres, Luxor Obelisk, and the Champs Elysees. So nice!

Oh also! This is something I had no idea about until and I got here so I must share it with you: It seriously does not get dark here until well after 10:30. No exaggeration!


Sights while walking to closed restaurant.
Le Pantheon in the background.

I got to the Louvre at a really nice time! Just as the sun was setting at like... 10:00pm.












And just like that night, tonight I am very tired! I will update soon about my field trip to Monet's house and Joan of Arc's town of doom and plague and also about today. Ciao!

No comments: