27 November 2007

Interweb Sensations

The semester is winding down and that means I am bombarded with work.

Tonight for instance, I need to memorize 20 Japanese verbs and conjugate them into some weird tense that the American language does not even have. A whole tense to express being extra-polite when asking to do something?? Absurd.

Also I need to write a five page paper as to why Henry David Thoreau, Mahatmas Gandhi, and Martin Luther King Jr. are all similar. All I've got so far is that they are a bunch of dead white guys who did super-violent things to oppress their fellow people. The end.

So to keep you entertained while I suffer, I will donate to you, one YouTube video AND a website to provide some jokes for you.

Donation One: "Christmas Tree". This fellow produces some high-quality funny stuff. His 'Jackie and Debra' video is a bit funnier but I thought the Christmas tree video was more topical since billions of trees are being cut down every minute.


Donation Two: Your Scene Sucks

The latest contribution to poking fun at stereotypes (see: Hipster Handbook, Star Wars franchise, Ann Coulter) is the interweb sensation and book 'Your Scene Sucks'. Some stuff hits dead on, while other stuff I never even heard of. Oh well. **Bonus points if you can find yourself!!!**

No comments: