24 June 2008

Gah, It's just like... Europeans are so much Classier

I went on a super-secret trip to Philadelphia today.

Spending a mere two hours in the city.

While there, I stopped in Retrospect which is the city's resident semi-expensive 'vintage' store where the undergrounder-than-thou employees lounge aloofly behind the counter sporting nice haircuts and fun tight pants.

I overheard the one cashier spouting off about how much classier Europe is and how you'll never see anyone overweight and everyone is dressed nice and blah blah blah.

I found it all very humorous.

He also said you never see anyone in sweatpants. I have to agree that one rarely sees anyone sporting sweatpants but it's actually way worse in Europe because all the trashy people were velour track suits with like... rhinestone detailing.

I donno which is worse: Not caring about your appearance and looking like you should be at the gym or really putting effort into your appearance and ending up looking like the former.

YOU DECIDE hexpatriates of America.

Other Philly Highlights:

-- Making my mom laugh on the car ride there causing her to spit out coffee all over her white shorts
-- The 'costumes' the American Apparel employees were sporting
-- Food poisoning ( I think someone sprinkled parm. cheese on my fries )
-- Buying a vegan baking book
-- Singing Miley Cyrus and Connie Francis with momma
-- Puppy watching in Rittenhouse

And many more!

No comments: