17 March 2008

Solo (or Doppio)

Today was another neat day.

I slept fantastically!

Woke up and walked around the city for a really long time all on my own.

Other kids were skating, other kids were sleeping, and then other kids were on a date at the aquarium so I opted to explore.

Saw lots of neat stuff and I should have bought souvenirs, but I did not.

Hopefully tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the last DAY since Wednesday we need to leave the apartment by 7:00 or so.

I am currently "skipping" classes only not really because I told all my professors and made up the work.

Some differences I have noticed between Spaniards and Americans:

--Mullets are completely acceptable in Spain (and not just by hipsters and white trash!)
--Shoes are really weird (yet still better than Sketchers)
--Entire aisles are dedicated to canned olives and olive oil yet there is not a bag of pretzels in sight
--You can go to the bathroom in ATM rooms (but it's probably not very acceptable)
--You cannot buy just a regular 'drip coffee' anywhere
--Falafel EVERYWHERE
--Barcelona teens know how to party
--The emphasis on bread
--The emphasis on newspaper reading
--The emphasis on staring
--The emphasis on the accent

Etc. etc.

Hopefully tomorrow will be jam packed with adventures.

No comments: