20 March 2008

Departure Day Deux


Sleeping Sitch. Taken from Jen's MySpace which was taken from Max's camera. (FISHEYE!!!)

This is lifted from my super action adventure journal:

Departure days are always the worst and today was no exception! Our "early" start was barely sufficient. The train took forever. While waiting for the train, I was getting a little gamey so I thought I'd freshen up with some deodorant. I blindly reached into my luggage followed by my toiletry kit but WOOPS, I felt something painful, like a wasp sting or something.

It was, however, my four bladed razor. Turns out the cap came off. So that took a huge chunk out of my thumb and I'm bleeding all over the place. Lucky there was a station guard that I ran over to and said "TIENES UNA SERVILLETA?!" I didn't know the word for tissue, so I just asked for a napkin. Luckily, showing my blood-drenched hands translates well into any language for help. He gave me every single tissue he owned and then I sat on my luggage and pouted.

The airport was not bad. We didn't have to wait long but the terminal was really small and cold.

Airplane List:

--Last Vegetarian meal (chang chang! pesto pasta)
--Pizza party later on
--Mid-flight ice cream break
--People thinking I'm Spanish
--iPod death
--Hot tea
--Cranapple juice
--August Rush
--Nausea (perhaps caused by August Rush)
--Enchanted
--Elizabeth the Golden Age
--First class cookies
--Pesto

After the flight, I thought we would have to wait in the long line for passports BUT we got to go to the way shorter U.S. citizen passport entrance. God Bless America! Then I got my luggage and said goodbye to Jen and Yasmin because my plane was departing in a half hour. The security check was really long as well and I was stressin'.

Good thing my flight was delayed.

I wish I would have written in my journal from the beginning but oh well.

NO REGRETS SPRING BREAK 08!!!
(official slogan which came in handy now and then)

Plus I blogged everyday. I miss the city and the food and basically everything. Except maybe the sleeping situation and Genesis coughing on everyone.

I can't wait to see the pohotos taken by Max, Yasmin, and Jimmy. They're gonna be great. Max has HQ shots and fantastic group shots. Yasmin has some good gems from various events. And Jimmy was the only one to take photos at RAZZMATAZZ.

So yeah, fantastic trip.

Leah and Dani were waiting for me at the baggage claim and later I went out with two of my VURRY best friends Claire and Kristina. Came back to my room that's the size of THREE of the Barcey bedrooms and I got to sleep in a real bed and I passed the heck out.

I still haven't unpacked and I still need to upload photos.

Which will hopefully be the next post.

Ciao!

No comments: