18 March 2008

Bye Bye Barcey

Well today was my last day of vacation and fun in Barcelona. It was low-key but really nice.

I'm just going to copy what I wrote in my Barcelona Journal that I got at Dick Blick for $1.00.

On my last full day, Jen, Max, Yasmin and I unsuccessfully tried to scale this really tall mountain. We even waited for the trolley but he told it was closed.

We still trekked upwards but some people told us the "mountain resort" was "cerrado".

Beforehand, we went to a vegetarian buffet that Max discovered. The owner was super nice and the food was super delicious.

I had two peices of eggplant lasagna, two flans, two double espressos, three falafel-esque balls, and a myriad of other delicious things. Oh, and a Earl Grey (my favorite Earl next to Earl of Sandwich and the seventh Earl of Cardigan).

Later, Yasmin went to meet up with Jimmy and we explored a ghetto park that had the sound of a kennel all throughout.

We later went to La Rambla and stalked this couple that I liked but we lost them. Funny enough, two hours later I was searching for this nice shopping district and I found them sitting in a restaurant in the area that we lost them. Weird! (especially on my part).

Jen and Max headed home and I decided to stay out in the city. I had to go to the bathroom so I fled to the McDonalds (Starbucks was closed). Nobody was in there when I went in and then it filled up with like 30 German teens. Grossie.

Also, most of the bathrooms here have a common room and then separate stalls for women and men. It's awkward sometimes.

I wrote this in a square courtyard type of deal. Last night we went to two bars and a tango club.
The club was nights! We had to ring this buzzer for this apartment building, and then we were buzzed in and walked up some flights of stairs. A bouncer greeted us at this one door and let us into an apartment that was converted into a club with a dance room, a bar, and a pool table. It was crazyyy.

Later, we sat outside a mean bar and hung out with three Italians and two teenagers from PA.

It was a grreat trip, but I am basically ready to come back to Philly now.

Also, I do not know what to blog about anymore.

Nice!

Ten hour plane ride ahoy.

1 comment:

Hannah Schulman said...

well it sounded like a fun trip, i am thoroughly jealous. you think you are ready to come back until you realize that it is cold and rainy here, but we are all so glad for your return! btw, dan su wants us to hang out.