25 March 2008

Something Clever about Odysseus

Departing from my usual jokes and comedy routine known as "No Nasties" daily postings, I would like to share an interesting article about Starbucks and its impending doom.

La Nouvelle Vague de le Cafe.

Which has me torn between my two careers, one as a server at a vegan, fair-trade, local-farm supporting, and organic restaurant where I do not get paid hourly but instead earn my wages by being charming, witty, and helpful to my environmentally and socially conscious patrons AND my other job as a corporate sell-out where I receive $10+ hawking over-priced, high-fructose corn syruped, more-calories-than-you-need-for-one-day espresso-based drinks to a medley of various types of people*.

Also, I suppose being super left of center requires one to be super serious a lot of the time, I cannot help but think that AdBusters could benefit from a few humorous things here and there. I'm just saying! Who do you like more, the comic relief stylings and Italian sass of Joy Behar or the no-nonsense repertoire of Miss. Facts Hasselbeck?

Exactly.

Enjoy!


Life-long liberal (and comedienne) Joy Behar with the original ~*Star Jones*~ taking time to enjoy the view in the Hamptonz.


***Oh and also, do not get me wrong, Starbucks may do some crappy things and embody most bad things about globalization, but it isn't that of a corporation in comparison to some other places (Wal-Mart, le MacDo, Proctor and Gamble, etc.). The pay is well, they take good care of their employees, 80% of our customers are really nice, and they do give (a little) back to the communities like Philly.

1 comment:

aQwRd-E said...

oohoho, i soo agree with you on that! after reading adbusters i just wanna cut myself and die, cause they way they make it seem the world is doomed and theres no way to fix it. i love that magazine but it is waaaay to depressing, a few Bush jokes wouldn't hurt anyone thats all i'm saying...

www.aqwrd-eblogspot.com